Friday, October 3, 2008

One Bun!!!

The wait is over. I feel like this week had been dragging because I have been so anxious for our ultrasound this morning to find out what is going on inside of me. The news...we have 1 strong, healthy, growing little baby inside of me. It was measuring 2 days ahead at 6 weeks 1 day and it had a strong little heartbeat. We are thrilled! Our lives just became so much simpler! Although we had really become used to the idea of 2 babies we are so happy to have 1 little bean to bond with. My due date is May 28th and we will go back in for another ultrasound at the fertility clinic in 2 weeks. My 1st appt with the obgyn is on Oct 14 so we still have quite a few appts coming up. Hopefully we will have several more chances to see our little baby soon! Below is a video of our ultrasound this am. If you look closely enough you can see the heartbeat!


7 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats!! Isn't that such an amazing thing to see your little baby in there, treasure each little step!! Hope things continue to go well. Always thinking of you wondering how things are going!! With Love

Hannah said...

LOVE IT!!! I still watch our video's. Now you need to look up the Chinese Calendar to see what it says about the sex!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Congratulations! How exciting. We have been thinking a lot about you guys lately. Do you think we could set a date to hang out? :)

Anonymous said...

A May baby !! - lucky litte muffin :) (May is the best birthday month- I speak from experience). Congratulations you two- keep the updates coming :) - Sandi

Lanie said...

Congratulations! I hope you are OK with a single pg - its tough when you have your hopes up for 2. (You can count me in that minority who voted for one.)

L.A. Mommy said...

That is so wonderful for you! Congrats!!!!

M W J S said...

So Yaaaaay!!!!!! I can't wait to see you round and glowing. May, ok, when little Bean Vann is 6 my girls will be 8 and 11. Pfew, thats a sit down load to think about. I can't wait to take our kids places together! All my love, feel it pouring into your arms like a jumping up and down hug with happy tears in your hair and snot on your shoulder. I miss you and I am thinking of you often. Wish I could be there to hold back your hair, or hand you a washcloth or your toothbrush...that will just make you puke more so nevermind the toothbrush. Oh and send Jimmy a not so dramatic hug too. XO-Amy