Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Graduated

That's right we graduated from the infertility clinic on Friday. I have mixed feelings about this. It was a little bitter sweet. I feel like we really got to know our nurses and our Dr. and we really enjoyed them. On the other hand, we are now normal! I am having a normal pregnancy and I'm no longer classified as an infertile or an IVF patient. Although I will always be infertile and it is a label that will stick with me for the rest of my life and has also forever changed me, I can now for the time being, move on and join the rest of the normal fertiles at the OB for the rest of my pregnancy. When we were leaving the fertility clinic on Friday they told us to be sure to bring our baby in and show it off and I said I'd be back in a few years so we can have #2! I know I will always have a special connection to this clinic. They have given me the greatest gift and they are also harboring our 8 little embryos that will someday become our future children.

Our little raspberry is growing right along and it's heart rate was up to 162 bpm. It is actually growing ahead by 3 days which puts me at 8w4d today. I can't believe we are this far already. It feels so much more meaty to be able to say 8 or 9 weeks, it is actually becoming real! I'm a little worried that our baby is growing so big so fast, although he is still so small. Jimmy weighed over 9lbs when he was born and this scares me to death. I'm not sure if the husband's weight when born has anything to do with how big your baby will be but It's on the list to ask the Dr. If we do have a huge baby it's all Jimmy's fault! It definitely has nothing to do with those cheeseburgers I've been craving!

I swear I already have a little baby bump. I had a head start with IVF on the weight gain but I have a feeling I'm going to be showing pretty early. I'll take our 1st baby bump pic this week so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is a pic of our little bean as of Friday. We are so in love!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aww that's great, I am so excited for you two!! And in most cases yes I think the parents birth weights usually play a roll, but every baby is different, but we will be hoping for your sake it doesn't take after Jimmy's genes for the birth weight!! :)

M W J S said...

So, Joel and I were "normal" sized babies, but our girls were both on the BIG side. Macynn was 9.4 and Markee 8.7!