Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Growing a baby...

Everything is going perfect so far! My symptoms are minimal and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still ravenous and it hits me quickly. All of a sudden I get a feeling that I need to eat NOW and I get pretty queasy if I don't but as long as I keep food close by I'm fine. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm growing a baby. It's little systems are forming and it already has hands and feet that are waving around.

We had our 1st appt at the ob-gyn this AM and all is well. We saw the baby again via ultrasound and it's little heart was beating. We have another u/s at the fertility clinic on Friday when they will measure the heart rate and we will be able to see the little raspberry in more detail. I love having all of these appts so I can keep an eye on this little bean and make sure it is growing right on track!


This weekend my parents spent the night on Friday and brought us a little package of fun baby stuff, a maternity shirt and a bella band. On Sat my mom and I went shopping and my dad and Jimmy went to The Man Store (Home Depot) and looked at a few things for the house. On Sat. night we went over to our friends Mark and Janna's house with Morgan & Nicole and the precious girls, Sophie and Ella. They are just the sweetest little things and getting so big! Here are a few pics of the little rascals!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful thing! We are so excited for you both Mommy!

Love to you both,
J & M

The Brown Family said...

wow! It is really funny that our little ones are so in line with each other! They must be meant to be great cousins and friends to each other! I was a week early with Naomi but as I'm sure you have found already, people LOVE to give advice(myself included sometimes) and one of the things people are telling me the most is that EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT! I hear that all the time, so you never know. It would be be funny if it was like a Father of the Bride II type thing where we go into labor at the same time! Ha ha! Well, I'm glad you guys are doing well, you seem to be! I've gone from just nausea to full on vomiting this week and it is not fun in any way, I hope you're doing better than me. Peppermint tea REALLY helps me, and macaroni and cheese for some odd reason :P Talk to you later!