Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Would you like some bloat to go with that cramp?

Tomorrow is the big day!! As of yesterday we still had 16 little embryos growing away in the lab. Most likely we will lose between 40-60% by Wed and I'm really hoping we have at least 5 to freeze. We have to be at the clinic at 2:15 tomorrow, I will be doing acupuncture before and then they will place 2 perfect little ones into my uterus in hopes that they continue to grow and stick. This is it, the last procedure and Dr. visit until we find out if it worked. I am excited and nervous. I luckily have a very busy day at work today to take my mind off of it all.

In other news, we have begun the progesterone shots. These entail a 1 1/2 inch needle that goes directly into the muscle of my bum. The progesterone is packed in oil so it takes a while for J to get all of the liquid out of the syringe. The shot itself honestly isn't that bad but...about 3 hours after the pain begins. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my bum. I have to limp when I walk and getting up and down is a chore. I've been using the heating pad religiously and after the shot is done, J massages it for about 5 minutes to help the oil disperse through my muscle, it's quite a sight. I've heard these get easier with time and I hope so.

I also look about 5 months pregnant right now. I can't button my pants! My stomach is huge. My ovaries are still really big and I have a minor case of OHSS. This is where the follicles in your ovaries fill up with fluid after the retrieval and secrete the fluid into your abdomen. It's not fun and I don't think it will get much better for a while. Luckily we are having some gorgeous weather here in Seattle so I've pulled out all of my dresses that don't show my protruding belly!

I'll leave you for today with all of the lovely thoughts of bloating and bum shots! Tomorrow after the transfer I have to be on bed rest for the remainder of the day. I'll post with an update then!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This might be weird because you don't know me, but I think I have seen you at the Dr's office a few times. I came across your blog through one of my sorority sisters blogs. I just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow and I hope everything works out for the best. We are on a similar schedule, I just had my embryo transfer on Sunday. This will be our 3rd IVF cycle. The first one not working and the second one blessing us with a beautiful baby girl in 2006. The third, we are hoping for another beautiful baby. I know how stressful and emotional this whole time can be and I have enjoyed reading your blog knowing I am not the only one going through this journey. Best of luck tomorrow :) Natalie

Echloe said...

I'll be praying for a successful transfer tomorrow. Good Luck!!