Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pregnant and happy!!

Well, I am definitely pregnant. I had my 2nd beta today. The number is supposed to get close to doubling in about 48 hours. Mine went from 207 on Friday, 9 days past a 5 day transfer to 483 today. Everything is moving along right on track. Maybe a little even better than we expected. J and I are both feeling there is a very good possibility that there could be 2 growing in there. We are very anxious for the 1st ultrasound!

We had a great weekend. My Mom, Grandma, Aunt Angie and Aunt Julie have had a trip planned to come up and visit from Portland for quite a while. It was very ironic that it happened to fall on the weekend of my first beta. I started testing positive on Monday so I was pretty sure I was pregnant all week and I rescheduled my beta for Friday. None of the ladies knew I had done that or that I was pregnant. When they got in on Friday afternoon we went to lunch in Kirkland. I had already gone to the cafe and placed wrapped bottles of Prego spaghetti sauce at each of their seats. They opened them when we sat down and it took them a minute to understand why I was giving them sauce but once it sunk we all shed tears and had a blast the rest of the weekend. It was really fun having them here to share the news.


I'm feeling pretty good so far. I'm exhausted in the evenings and my bum is just so sore it's hard to move around much. It's just getting worse and worse because the muscle isn't healing between shots. We are hoping to be done with these next Tuesday.

My next beta appt is on Tuesday and our 1st ultrasound, when we find out how many we are having, will be at the end of next week (the 3rd or 4th). Here are a few pics from our fun weekend!

7 comments:

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Congratulations Andrea and Jimmy! We are so excited for you and can't wait to see you! Hugs, Jess and Justin

Natalie said...

I love the Prego idea. What a cute way of telling family and friends your pregnant. So cute :)

Echloe said...

Maybe there are 2 in there. : )
Enjoy this happy time.

Anonymous said...

so happy for you! congratulations. what a cute way to share the good news. looking forward to watching your progress!

Anonymous said...

Yippeee!!! What great news, I can't wait to have us play together. Praying for strong, healthy, little loves!

J & M

The Brown Family said...

I'm so happy for you! I never had a doubt in my mind that this would work! I'm excited to hear about your pregnancy journey, it always helps to go through things like this with others! If you ever have a question or you want to know if what your complaining about is normal, give me a call or leave me a comment or something. You're so put together though, so I'm sure you'll know what to do every step of the way. I'm glad that our kids will have cousins that are so close to their age, it'll be a lot of fun for them! I guess twins run in Tyson's family so we could potentially have FIVE additions to the family this spring! Ahhhh! Well, good luck with every thing, you both deserve this happiness so much! Enjoy the experience, it's amazing!

Amber said...

Congrats!! That's great news, can't wait to see some pictures!!