Friday, September 5, 2008

Eggs by the dozen

We are home from the retrieval and I can't say it was easy. I have never been in so much pain. My previous 2 surgeries were nothing compared to the pain I have been feeling. I honestly thought that this must be what contractions feel like. I could hardly breath and was writhing in pain. Thankfully, I got home, ate and took a Vicodin and I am a lot more comfortable now and relaxing. Not sure what all the pain was from but I'm so glad to have some relief.

Now the big news....we got 24 eggs!!!! We are thrilled with this number and I hope that as I write this our embryos are forming. It's really weird to think that our future children are being created right now in a lab. Today is their real birthday!!!

Apparently when I woke up from the anaesthesia I was really out of it and saying all kinds of crazy things that I can't remember. The Dr. came in a took my blood pressure and it was 100/49 and I was convinced she told me we had 49 eggs. I told her that must be the most they had ever seen and they had to tell me over and over again that it was my blood pressure #! Of course I don't remember any of this.

Tomorrow we will receive a call from the lab to let us know how many have fertilized. I can hardly wait for the call to know how many little ones we have. I already feel attached to them!

Here is a little video documenting our morning.




2 comments:

stephanie said...

HOLY COW, that's AMAZING! I'm sorry you felt so horrible, but what a terrific number of eggs! Fingers crossed for a PERFECT fert. report!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your video of the morning...you're so like me that I want to caputre everything on film:) Can't wait to hear the fer. report.