Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trigger Happy!!

Tonight is the night! We did our last stim shots last night and had another u/s and bw today. My E2 level is getting high (yesterday 2400 & over 3000 today) and my biggest follicles are 18mm. The RE said my uterine lining is textbook perfect and everything is still on track. The trigger shot tonight matures my eggs and gets my body ready to ovulate. Of course we don't want that to happen! My body will ovulate 36 hours after I do the shot, therefore my appt is scheduled for exactly 35 hours after the shot. They will knock me out, use a very long needle and take my eggs out of my ovaries 1 by 1 through the vaginal wall. The procedure is only about 20 minutes long and then it's all in the hands of the lab technicians. The trigger shot is actually human HCG which is the hormone that is tested on home pregnancy tests. If I peed on one tonight it would be positive, hmmm...tempting. I've never seen a positive test before!

Tomorrow I have a whole day off of IVF. No shots, no blood work, no ultrasounds. Nothing. I think it will feel weird, like I'm forgetting something. This process has been such a big part of our daily life for almost 3 weeks now. I'm going to feel like something is missing.

Friday when I wake up the Dr. will tell me how many eggs they retrieved. That's a big deal obviously because then we will know how many embryos we can make. I can hardly wait to see how it all goes. Of course I'll post with an update Friday when we get home.

Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~LUCK~

So close...Your almost there. Hang in there!!

Love,
Janna, Mark & Lola

Anonymous said...

best of luck! everything sounds like it's going along wonderfully...

Christy G said...

GL with the ER. I know you mean about the peestick. My RE had me take a test the next day to make sure the trigger "took" and even though I knew it was the shot I was like... "OMG, THAT'S what a BFP looks like!!"