Saturday, September 6, 2008

One night stand

My eggs & Jimmy's sperm got to know each other for the first time yesterday. It was their 1st date and they were both very nervous. The sperm spared no expense and brought out the champagne and roses. They swooped my eggs off their feet then proceeded to take advantage of them (and on the 1st date no less). The morning after most of them decided they would like to try to make this relationship work but a few decided to part ways (apparently last night wasn't good enough for them).

So...out of the 24 eggs retrieved, 18 were mature. They injected the 18 with Jimmy's sperm (this is called ICSI) and out of the 18 we have 16 embryos!!!!

I am thrilled. Jimmy's sperm obviously did a very good job schmoozing my eggs last night!

Not all of the 16 will make it to day 5 but we at least have enough to lose a few and hopefully have some to freeze. Our transfer will be on Wednesday and the clinic will choose the 2 strongest looking embryos to place in my uterus. So for now...more waiting and day dreaming about our 16 potential babies growing away. I can't wait to get 2 of them back inside!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Those are great numbers!!!! I was out of town and going crazy cause I wanted to read how it went then the internet was down... augh, finally!

Amber said...

LOL!! You are such a GREAT sport about all this. I wish you guys sooo much luck, your gonna be a great momma and I am sure Jimmy will be a great Daddy too. Can't wait to hear what's going on next.

Anonymous said...

You are truly a strong and amazing woman with a wonderful sense of humor.