Wednesday, December 31, 2008

19 Weeks- Happy New Year!!

Wow, we are almost halfway there. Although sometimes I've felt like this pregnancy is dragging it does seem amazing that we will meet this little guy less than 5 months!

We have had a pretty crazy '08. After 3 surgeries, countless injections and more tears and heartache than I could have been prepared for we feel so blessed to be expecting our little one. A year ago I never would have imagined what this year would bring but honestly I now can't imagine not going through it all. I think this process has taught me patience, perseverance, and hope and I think I will be a better mother because of it. We are looking forward to an exciting '09! Hopefully we will see some changes for the better taking place in the economy and of course we will becoming parents.

We are looking forward to a pretty low key New Year's Eve. We're heading over to some friend's house and then heading up to the cabin with the Vann family for a few days. Next Tuesday we have our big ultrasound where we will confirm the sex and get the baby's measurements. I'm really excited to be able to see him moving around again. I'm starting to feel him more consistently now. I love feeling him kick and move around and I'm anxious for J to be able to feel him too! I'll post more pics later but here is the belly pic from today at 19 weeks. The little guys is now about 6 in. long and weighs about 9 oz. Mango's are one of my favorite fruits, too bad they really aren't in season because my mouth is watering looking at that one!


5 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Happy New Year! I found your blog through Jessica and have been following your journey as it seems that everyone in this area is pregnant including myself. I can't fathom what you have had to go through but it seems that you are going to be an absolutely wonderful Mom.
-Ashley

Anonymous said...

Andrea, you are beautiful! It's hard to believe sometimes what a year 2008 was. You are both troopers! We can't wait to see you and baby in the new year. Loads and loads of love - J & M

Anonymous said...

Hi, You don't know me but I am the one who helped your mother with your wedding video. My name is Deanne and I am also pregnant. I am 14 weeks along. I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog. You are only 5 weeks further along them I am and its great to see what lies ahead. Thank you and keep up the writing.

Hoping to make it three!! said...

You look great! I look like 2 of you! haha! We have our big ultrasound this Thursday to confirm we are havinf a boy too. Looks like we could be due date twins. I'm due June 1st!!

Hannah said...

You seriously look so good pregnant... I miss it, although I didn't look nearly as adorable. I'm no too nervous about both them walking. Its the fact that Coppelia is just so darn sneaky and likes to climb everything!!!