Thursday, January 8, 2009

The BIG and the beautiful!

We're halfway there!! I can't believe we will meet this little (or not so little) guy so soon. I know the next 41/2 months are going to fly by. We have a busy schedule coming up which is going to make the time pass even quicker, not to mention all of the things we need to do to our house before his arrival.

We had our 20 week u/s on Tuesday and he was so active. He was moving his little arms and legs all over the place. We confirmed that we are having a little boy and then the u/s tech took all of his measurements and everything looks good...he has 10 fingers & 10 toes. The only thing of concern was how BIG he is. Right now he is measuring about 1 week ahead and he is in the 98 percentile! The Dr. isn't quite sure why he is so big so I have to go in for another u/s next week to confirm the measurements. She doesn't seem too concerned about it but she wants double check and make sure he is just a big baby and there are no other issues. He weighs about 12oz and normal for 20 weeks is about 9 or 10 oz. Looks like I am just going to have a large baby. Anything over 8lbs makes me nervous. We'll just have to wait and see.

In the past week he has really picked up his activity level and he constantly moving around and kicking me. I love to feel the movement. It's so fun to feel his acrobats in my belly!

Here's a pic of our big guy from the u/s. Notice his big belly!
This week he is as big as a cantaloupe, or in our case a little bigger. I'll post a new belly pic tomorrow when I get it taken. My belly is getting bigger everyday and there is no denying that I'm pregnant. It's impossible to hide now! With such a big baby I'm wondering how big I'm actually going to get. I have a long way to go! For now here's a pic of J and I on New Years Eve. Hope everyone had a great New Years! Cheers to an exciting '09!

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a Beautiful Pregnant Woman!! How excited!! Seems like it has gone fast already!! Glad to hear things are coming along Good!!