Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cankles

Another week has passed and this baby just keeps on growing. I had to fly to Atlanta on Sunday morning for work and it was a tough trip! It was long and exhausting and by the time I got home on Wed night I had been up for 22 hours and my feet and ankles (cankles as J calls them) were so swollen they looked like this...Yuck! Thankfully they have since gone back to their normal size.

I did find out that this baby loves to fly. The whole time we were in the air he never stopped kicking, although he now rarely ever stops kicking. He is a very active little guy! Sometimes I can actually watch my belly moving! I still love feeling him and I am mesmerized by how strong he is.

We went in for yet another u/s on Thursday to check on my giant baby. Although we have had so many of them I never tire of watching the little guy on the screen. He is measuring exactly 1 week ahead at 22 weeks 3 days and the Dr isn't very concerned. I have to go back in next month for another u/s to check his growth again but it just looks like he is a big, healthy boy. His growth may slow down a bit or I might deliver a 10 pound baby. Only time will tell but for now I am relishing in the fact that he is healthy and beautiful (see pics below). We got lucky and the u/s tech did a few quick 4d u/s pics for us so we could see our little guy up close. In the pics we can see his hair line and really see his features. It is so amazing





We have a quiet 3 day weekend of cleaning and doing things around the house ahead of us. I am hosting a baby shower for my good friend Janna next weekend so I'm thrilled to have the time at home to prepare. For now we are home, safe and sound and relaxing. Below is a belly pic from yesterday at 21 weeks 2 days. Yikes...getting big!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Very CUTE love the 4-D and growing Belly!! I remember when we were traveling a lot my Midwife said to make sure I was moving my feet, circle with your ankles, calf raises (up on your toes and down)every 20 min to 1/2 half hour, because you are very likely to get clots in your legs when you sit for a prolonged amount of time. Just a suggestion.

Natalie said...

You look fabulous, I love your shirt :) I hope you are doing good and glad your kankles are back to normal.

Natalie said...

You look fabulous, I love your shirt :) I hope you are doing good and glad your kankles are back to normal.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. Great 4D images! I can't imagine delivering a baby over 9 lbs. Get prepared!! You're shirt is gorgeous and really flattering to your beautiful curves! Cant wait for the 24th to see the bellies in person! YAYYYYYY!

The Brown Family said...

Awwww, it looks like he's about to suck his thumb, cute! Oh and don't worry the swelling goes down after you have the baby. For a while I had to wear a fake wedding ring because mine didn't fit any more, and all I could wear was flip flops (thank goodness it was summer) but a few weeks after the birth a lost the water weight.

Hopeful34 said...

You look beautiful! I have been following your post since before you got pg and I have been following your blog. I am so happy for you both.

Anonymous said...

You are one hot momma, even with cankles...hillarious! Those pictures are fantastic, you can really see his beautiful face. So glad I got to see a progress report in person. Can't wait for this weekend!! xoxoxoxoxoxo - J & M