Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Progress

The nursery is done, the house is clean, the freezer is stocked with meals, the clothes are washed, the car seat is installed, hospital bag is packed and your mom is tired of being pregnant!!! I think it's about time Jackson, soon you will be receiving your eviction notice.

I made a bit of progress at my appt yesterday. I am still 1cm dilated but I am now 70% effaced so my cervix is shortening which I am thrilled about. He has also dropped a bit lower which is good. Funny...we have been trying to stop my cervix from shortening for the past 3 months but now I am trying to get it to shorten to get this baby out! My water could break tomorrow or it could be another few weeks before I go into labor. There is no way of knowing and I'm getting impatient. I'd like to be able to predict the future and get him here next week. Any ideas?

Just for kicks...FAQ for pregnant women...

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q: What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational..
A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural? A: Right after you find out you're pregnant..

Q: Is there any reason a man should be in the delivery room while his wife is in labor?
A: Not unless the word 'alimony' means anything to him.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pregnancy massage

Leisha said...

I'm just waiting another week and then want to pursuade you for a nice long stroll with me along the waterfront. I keep thinking about what the lady in the NST said about 36 wk babies vs 38.

my hope my faith my love said...

You are way ahead of the game compaired to me... I have 5 weeks to go, so so I thought... i am also 1cm dialted and they told me hours or weeks... and I have nothing done, lucky you. Maybe while youa re waiting you can help me out! Ha Ha!

Can't wait to see that little one.

The Brown Family said...

oh yes...I remember well, this last part is when time really crawls by slowly. I went a little crazy. I was speed walking, eating spicey foods, I even had "pregnancy acupuncture" done to get her out! I heard that pineapple worked too, I ate so much pineapple, my mouth was stinging! I was way over prepared too, I was scrubbing the bathroom at midnight, stocking my hospital bag with everything you could imagine. I freaked out because Ryan put his clothes on the bed one day and left the room to take a shower. I was hysterical! I yelled "what if the baby comes right now and the bed is covered with your crap!!" Yeah, it's enough to drive you insane, but when he comes you'll be in a dream come true! You can do it! Oh and I agree with getting pregnancy massage, it's AWESOME!

The Brown Family said...

response to your comment:

Naomi was actually a week early, so I didn't even have a reason to try to get her out early, but when I hit 38 weeks I was going out of my mind! The last month is SO uncomfortable. I'm sure you're even more done than I was though, with everything your body has put up with. It will come, just keep walking! But don't be dumb like me, stay away from pineapple!