Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Operation Bed Rest- Day 1

I knew this might be coming and here I am. 32 weeks and on bed rest. Here's the story, it's lengthy of course!


I got another UTI on Sunday and went into the Dr. on Monday to confirm and get some medication. I thought no problem, I'll take the antibiotic and everything will be fine. Monday evening I started getting some back pain on my right side by my kidney. The pain became more and more severe until I couldn't stand it and we went to the hospital. Unfortunately there wasn't much they could do for me. They monitored my contractions and the baby and gave me pain medication which made me sick but thankfully took the pain away. They also checked my cervix and realized that I was 1 cm dialated...not good.

I ironically already had an appt for an u/s on Tuesday and at that point we found out my cervix was down to 1.6cm in length and still 1 cm dialated. The fluid is in the 28 range so it's still increasing. It looks like we have a reduction in our near future.

So, for now I am on bedrest at home killing time until this little guy is a little more developed. The contractions are still constant and I think I've been having more since I got the UTI. The Dr told us that at 35 weeks she will take me off of all the medication as well as off of bed rest and let nature take it's course. I'm guessing he will come shortly after that but I've heard stories of women going off of bed rest and then having to be induced so you never know!

I'm working on getting everything buttoned up with work and J and I are trying to figure out a routine. He has been great so far. He is the bed rest Nazi and is taking the Dr's orders very seriously. I'm more apt to stretch the rules a little but he is keeping me down. My mom is coming up tomorrow and is going to stay through the weekend which will be nice. I'll have to put her to work!

With all my free time I'll update often!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that sweety! I am a silent follower but I have enjoyed reading all your enteries. I feel for you. My sister is 36 weeks preggo and has been on bedrest since about 28 weeks. Thankfully she doesn't have that much longer (she has a C-Section scheduled for next Thurs) but her being on bedrest has been something. She has been miserable. I hope you don't get that way. Good luck on everything!

jill said...

saying prayers and thinking lots of good thoughts for you and baby j! crossword puzzles are always a good time-killer. :) looking forward to the updates - hoping you don't go stir crazy!!!

Natalie said...

I am so sorry you have to be on bedrest and that you have another UTI. I just had to go to the DR last Thurday because I got a UTI too, so annoying and uncomfortable. I hope you are doing good and trying to take it easy.

The Brown Family said...

The woman I last nannied for was on bed rest for the last two months of her pregnancy. It was really hard on her. She was dialated to a one or two I think for a LONG time. She said every time she got up to go to the bathroom or something, she felt like she had to hold the baby in because he had dropped so low already! She made it though and she has a healthy and happy little boy! It will all be worth it, stick in there and don't do anything! We'll be thinking of you and praying for you!