Saturday, April 25, 2009

We've been railed...

My Dad came up last week and installed a new railing in our house and it is amazing!! If you've ever been in our house you know that this was a much needed improvement before a baby was crawling around our kitchen. For the past 2 years we have just had a big ledge with a large drop off and nothing to keep anyone from falling off. My handy Dad installed an awsome new raling last week and we love it. It looks fantastic and is very functional and it wasn't an easy job. If it wasn't for him I don't know when we would have actually gotten around to this so THANK YOU DAD!! Now you don't have to worry about your Grandson falling off the ledge or down the stairs! Here are some pics of the project.


I am finally off bed rest...woohoo!! Today I went for a long walk, had my hair colored, made enchiladas to freeze and did tons of laundry. I'm really taking advantage of these last few days/weeks. I'm determined to get this little one out in 2 weeks so I'm doing everything I can. I had a great appt on Thursday and he is measuring at about 6lbs already which is fantastic! On Tues I am going to the OBGYN to see how far progressed I am. 2 weeks ago I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so we'll see if I have made any progress in the past 2 weeks. I am also off the contraction medication now so I am contracting like crazy all day long. Now we play the waiting game! I'd like to keep him in for about 1 1/2 more weeks but who know what will happen, he could be here tomorrow or it could be about 3 weeks! The waiting is the worst part!
Pregnancy is amazing and although I have loved being pregnant and I think I will really miss feeling Jackson moving around in my belly all day I'm getting pretty uncomfortable. My pelvis bone is really sore all the time and hurts super bad when I get up from sitting, the contractions are really uncomfortable, indigestion is killing me and I'm tired all the time. I'm ready to sleep on my belly again and have my body back. Between the 2 surgeries, shots and hormones throughout IVF and now 9 months of pregnancy I feel like it has been forever since I've felt normal. J and I are both ready for an outside baby!
I'll update again next week with a progress report. Until then send me positive labor thoughts!! I watched the video of my friend Mary's birth today and it made me a little nervous :-/

3 comments:

Amber said...

You'll do fine, it's an amazing experience!!

The Brown Family said...

All of the waiting and discomfort will be worth it I promise! You are so strong to have gone through all of this and it will make you a better mommy and person. We keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers all the time and we are SO EXCITED for you guys! Naomi can't wait to meet her outside cousin! Your dad did an incredible job on those railings, they look like they've always been there, very nice!

Booth Party of Four said...

May I say that you are just about the cutest prego girl I have ever seen! We have been silently watching your progress through your blog, which you have done an awesome job with by the way. The last little bit feels like the longest, but after they get here time just flies!!! I hope you will put lots of pictures of the new little guy on here once he comes. We are so excited for you.Good luck these next few weeks!!

Stephanie- Jim's cousin