Friday, April 3, 2009

Operation Bed Rest- Day 3

3 days down, about 20 to go! So far I haven't been too bored. My mother is absolutely amazing and came up yesterday with dinner. She stayed the night and completely cleaned my house today as well as went to the grocery and drug store for us. Such a huge help! Jimmy has been a big help too and has really been stepping up to make sure things are getting done as well. I'm so thankful for all the help! My big outing today was walking to the mailbox. I begged J to let me go and it felt good to just get some fresh air and walk a bit.

I have my 1st shower this weekend and it was supposed to be at my friend Janna's house about 30 minutes away but we have moved it to my house. Everyone is coming over here instead and Janna has been so flexible. I know it's going to be a lot more work for her to haul everything over but I am really looking forward to it! I'll spend the day on the couch but it will be so nice to have friends and family around.

My 2nd shower is supposed to be in Portland, about 3 hours away, next weekend and there is no way I can get down there for it. I'm so bummed and so is my Mom who is hosting it and has all kinds of fun things planned. We are rescheduling for after Jackson arrives and it will be fun to have him there but I was so looking forward to having it next weekend. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal but I'm still a little disappointed. Just goes to show that you never know what is going to happen.

On a positive note I am feeling so much better. I can finally go to the bathroom without grimacing in pain and my back is feeling a lot better too. The contractions have slowed down a bit as well. I think the bed rest is really helping. By next Thursday at my next appt I'll be dying to know what's going on inside my body with the fluid and dilation.

Just for fun...check this out! If any of you are thinking of getting Jackson a gift, this infant snuggie is perfect...lol. I'm kidding, I mean really?? Who would wear this, how bizarre. It looks like the baby is a third boob coming out of her chest. The real snuggie is weird enough but this takes it to a whole new level!

I'll post pics from the shower tomorrow!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Well I'm glad your feeling better and that Jackson is right we're he belongs (at least for a little longer). Make good use of "your" time. Read and nap and watch every movie you ever had a slight desire to see. By the way your nursery looks amazing and I'm glad you got to do that before bed rest!

Amber said...

How many times have you watched "Dirty Dancing??" :)

Leisha said...

LOL at the infant snuggie. SO FUNNY. Totally a third boob. You're doing so good girlfriend

thuriks said...

You have such a great attitude. Bedrest is so hard! You are doing such a good job though & you have made it past the biggest milestone (32weeks). Once you finally have your baby in your arms these long & lonely days in bed will seem like a lifetime ago. Good luck!

ETS said...

I have to say there have been several times I have actually wished I had one of these!!! DD loves to ride in her carrier, but gets too hot in her snowsuit. Although, it makes me laugh when I see these!

Lizard1131 from the nest