Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Since I am stuck here at home I was able to take advantage of the nice weather and sit outside for a while yesterday and today. This the birds eye view of my huge belly seeing the sun for the first time in eight months!!!This afternoon I started to get really irritated with my situation. I was watching Jimmy do the dishes and make dinner from the couch and it was really bugging me. I'm so obsessive about things around the house and I just knew he wasn't doing the dishes and wasn't cooking the way I would have done it. Ridiculous I know but I sat on the couch and yelled orders up to him. I told him he needed more soap on the sponge, needed another dish towel, needed to turn the oven on earlier, etc. I was driving us both crazy!!! He is trying really hard and I'm just annoyed with sitting down here on the couch and taking it out on him. I want to do things by myself. It's really hard to rely on others! I also feel so unproductive. I sit here and think of all the things I could be doing. I know in the long run, keeping this baby healthy and safe inside is one of the most important jobs I will ever do but it is still hard for me to just sit here, play on the Internet, read and watch TV. It just isn't like me. I don't know how anyone does this for months at a time, or with little kids at home. I think I would absolutely lose it!

I'm feeling pretty good physically. Having a ton of contractions and I can feel Jackson's little head grinding into my cervix. I know it is really low and when he moves it it's pretty uncomfortable. My hips are starting to get really sore too from sitting and laying so much but no more back or bladder pain so I'm thrilled about that. I can't wait to get out of the house on Thursday to go to the Dr. I never thought I'd want to go to the Dr. so bad!
I had the most amazing shower on Saturday here at my house hosted by Janna. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I will go into all the details when I post the pics but I'm waiting for a few more. I'll try to get them up by the end of the week. For now....THANK YOU JANNA!!!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Hang in there!!

The Merry Death said...

Aw, your belly is so cute. I've been thinking about you & hope everything goes well!

MJ said...

Love the belly shot. I know it's hard to let others do everything but it is best (doesn't make it easier). Hang in there...I hope you have a netflix subscription:)

Anonymous said...

this totally cracks me up- I love it :) - Sandi

Echloe said...

That is a sweet belly shot. One to save for the baby book.

thuriks said...

I KNOW how you feel. Hang in there it will really seem like a short time 6 months from now. Sometimes there are days I wish I could go on bedrest again just for 1 day. You will never be this pampered for unproductive in your life again. Try to enjoy as annoying as it is. You are doing so good!