Monday, May 11, 2009

Hit the road Jack...

I know I have been such an awful blogger for the past week. I'm so sorry to all of you who are following our story and are being left out in the cold waiting for updates. Shame on me!!! I have no excuse other than that I don't have any exciting updates and this depresses me! I'll give you the run down of last week...

- Went to Dr. on Monday, was 80% effaced and about 2cm dilated.
- Dr stripped my membranes but told me to not get too excited, she didn't think baby was coming yet.
- I was sad and did everything I could last week to get baby out. I walked and went to the gym everyday, ate pineapple, used Evening Primrose Oil, bounced on the exercise ball (and more but I won't go into all of the gory details)
- Obviously nothing worked because I am still here with no outside baby.
- My pelvis feels like it is shattering and I feel Jack's head VERY low, I am very crampy and have some other pre-labor things going on.
- Everyday I wake up thinking today is the day and every night I go to bed wondering if my water will break in the night... no such luck!

So there you have it. We are going back to the Dr. on Tuesday around noon and I am determined and feeling very confident that this baby will be here this week. Most of you are thinking "she is crazy, just let the baby come when he is ready" but I am sitting here in my house, bored to death and at the same time wasting my maternity leave!!! Due to the bed rest situation I have been out of work now for about 5 weeks. I have to go back on July 22nd for benefit reasons and to keep my job. Therefore, everyday that Jackson decides to call my belly his home is one more day that I lose with him! I am panicked by this and I spend the majority of my day stressing and worrying about it. After all I have been through to have this child the thought of leaving him early is killing me. I'm a little hormonal and magnifying the situation but in my mind it is a very big deal. Jackson is measuring in the 7.5lb range and my body is definitely preparing for labor and I think the Dr. is going to help this progress along a bit this week if nothing has happened.

On another note, my parents came up for Mother's Day and we had a really fun time. It was nice for them to be here and get my mind off of things. Jimmy was fabulous and he got me a really nice bathrobe, some lotion and some baby books (from Jack) for my "1st Mother's Day." We were all really hoping that I would go into labor, which would have been the best present of all! We went to Ray's Boathouse for brunch and it was fabulous!

Here are some pics from the weekend.


Real men paint toes!!

I promise I will post tomorrow after my appt. Best case scenario Jackson will have an eviction date (I'm hoping Wed morning). Please send me good labor thoughts!! We want to meet our baby!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Good Luck hope things start really happening!! Just think though this may cut your actual labor time down, if things are happening now!! :)

The Brown Family said...

Awww, poor Andrea! I know I didn't go through nearly as much as you have, but I remember that time and I felt the exact same way! I feel for you! I thought I was going to jump out of my skin if Naomi didn't come soon. I'm sorry about your maternity leave situation, my friend is kind of going through the same hassle. That sucks. No need to apologize for the break in blogging, we all are just so excited for you guys and we can't wait for Jackson's arrival, although I'm sure the suspense isn't killing us as much as it is you, but it's still killing us. We'll be thinking of you every day and checking in. You have all of us on the edge of our seats. Just hang in there, you're almost there...just...a...little...bit...further!

MJ said...

I love the pic of your DH painting your toes;)

Don't feel bad at all about wanting Jackson out of your belly, you want to spend all the time you can with him before having to go back to work.

Hope tomorrow goes well.

Stacy said...

Andrea...
Congrats! I just got the email with all the pictures of Jacks Birthday! Your mom sent them to my mom and my mom sent them to me! LOL

Hopefully we can all get together this summer with our parents and the kids! I hear updates about how you and Jimmy are doing all the time! Tell Joe I said hi... it's been so long since we have all seen each other!

Anway.... have a GREAT time with Jack... time flies when you are having fun. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that Sebastian was born and he is 8! :)

And keep blogging as it's fun to see updates and pictures of your family!
Warmly
Stacy