Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The 12 days of Jackson

Day 12 and we are still doing great! Jackson is still a happy little guy and has started being awake a little more during the day. He is such a little joy and we are having a blast! We had a great, relaxing weekend...went on a few walks, hung out with some friends, and watched movies. J went back to work today so Jack and I are hanging out just the two of us and I'm loving every minute of it.

We have fallen into a little bit of a night time routine. I'm sure it's subject to change at any minute but as of the last week Jackson is waking about every 2 1/2-3 hours at 10:30, 1:00, 4:00 and about 6:30. He sleeps well in between and although I'm tired I'm starting to get used to sleeping in 2-3 hour stretches. I've found the if I just roll over and nurse in bed I can get a lot more sleep rather than take Jackson into the nursery and get him too awake. I am producing enough milk to feed all of the octuplets which has it's positives and negatives. Jackson can eat really quickly, no more than 10 minutes per feeding because my milk is pouring out but I have so much it is really hard for him to latch on at first because the milk is just too much for him. He gags and chokes and the milk pours out the side of his mouth! Poor little guy is drowning in milk! My milk should start to even out and not be so much for him soon but in the mean time he'll just have to get used to it!

My mom is headed up tomorrow to spend a few days. It will be nice to have her here again! Below are some pics from the weekend. I think he is starting to fill out a little more. At his Pediatrition appt on Thursday he was 6lbs7oz, up from 6lbs on Monday. By now he should have surpassed his birth weight. We may be nearing the 7lb range now!








5 comments:

Hopeful34 said...

He is absolutely adorable!! You look great as well. Glad you are enjoying your time with him. Can't wait for the next update!!

L.A. Mommy said...

He is so cute! Enjoy every minute of it!

ICLW

Leisha Brown said...

I love your updates! I am totally doing this when we have a little one. You answer all the typical questions. I love it.

We are looking forward to seeing you guys again!

my hope my faith my love said...

I love the picture of him in the little ball.

The Brown Family said...

I'm not sure what either one of you looked like when you where babies but he sure reminds me of Jimmy! Ryan thinks so too, isn't that wonderful? I want a little boy that looks just like Ryan someday, hopefully someday in 6 months ;) I just think it's so great to have a little mini husband who is a constant reminder of your love for your spouse. Either way, he sure is a cutie!! You look great by the way, but then again you always look great! I'm glad everything is going well, especially the nursing, you're a super mom! We all knew you would be :)