Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The perfect pooper!

My child is the perfect pooper!! This sounds crazy but when you are exclusively breast feeding and you aren't sure if you are providing your baby with enough nutrients it can be disheartening. Jackson is letting me know his getting enough though by pooping each and every time I feed him...clockwork! He even has super powers and he can shoot his poop from his bum across the room, or if you're not careful, all over the front of his Mom's shirt. He's so talented :-)

Jack and I are still perfecting the whole breastfeeding thing but it is going really well. I have an abundance of milk and he is a very good little sucker. We are still working on figuring out our schedules, length of feeds and time at each breast but all in all we are doing great. I also have to say that so far I love nursing! I love the time we have together while feeding and I love when he falls asleep at the breast and snuggles into my chest. I'm sore and my boobs are each the size of a basketball but so far I think that this is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Knowing that I am sustaining this little life day in and day out is truly a miracle.

My Mom went back home on Monday and it was really hard. We are doing great as a little family of three and we are really enjoying our time by ourselves with Jackson but it was really hard when she left. She is so in love with Jack!!! I think she almost loves him as much as I do and I knew how painful it was for her to leave him. I think for her it was almost like leaving your own child so soon. We both knew it was time for her to go but it breaks my heart because she doesn't get to hold him and smell him everyday like I do. Thankfully she will be back next Wednesday and will get some more quality time with her Grandson. It would be great if my parents just lived a little closer!!!!

We have had a lot of visitors, at least a few people a day and we probably had about 35 people at the hospital by the time we left. Today my Grandma and Aunt Julie drove all the way from Portland to see little Jackson for a few hours and then drove all the way home. It was a long trip for a short time but we were really happy to see them. Jack is my grandparents first Great Grandchild and my Grandma was anxious to get her hands on him. Thanks for coming ladies, Jackson loved meeting you!


Okay, I need to go eat so of course I'll leave you with a few pics!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a precious soul who's parents obviously adore and love him. I'm so happy you got to have the birth you wanted and that everyone is healthy and happy.

Natalie said...

He is so cute!! I love your perspecitve on pooping and peeing, I feel the same way!! I am glad nursing is going so well, it is such a bonding experience and so rewarding. I am glad you guys are doing good and have a healthy baby.

Captain Williamson said...

Ah Baby Jack, already spraying Momma! That is all good in the whole scheme of things. We are just so thrilled to hear he is adjusting so well. You are an amazing Momma and Poppa pair! We can't wait to squeeze those cheeks! J, M & C

Hannah said...

I'm so glad breast feeding is going good for you!!!! That is something I really wanted to do but they were so many problems. Enjoy every minute... and I hear your nipples start to feel better at about 6 weeks... hmmm that is when mine got bit off.