Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sweet Baby J

Wow, I feel like time is flying and we have been running non stop since Jackson's arrival. We had another really busy week/weekend. My mom got into town on Wednesday. We went on walks, went to the mall and Babies R Us and hung out in the gorgeous Seattle weather. On Friday my Dad flew into town as well and we had a Bar B Que at my brother's house. On Sat. we went to a pool for a while and then went to friends' for another Bar B Que and today we have a 1st birthday to go to. I am thankful for all of the fun activities we have to attend but I'm getting tired and I'm looking forward to a few days at home with just Jackson and me. We have another busy weekend next weekend so I'm going to try and get some r & r in the next few days.

Little Jackson is just so good and so easy to haul around town it makes it easy to get out and go. Yesterday we were out and about all day and he basically just wakes to eat and then falls back asleep. He is such a little angel. Now I know why infertility was so hard on me (and everyone who experiences it). Having a baby is such an amazing experience. Jackson is the center of my every move now and the love I feel for him is so intense. The thought of never being able to experience mommyhood is heartbreaking. I just feel like the luckiest mommy in the world and I think I appreciate our little miracle so much after everything it took for us to have him.


Jackson at two weeks...
- likes his bath (hated it at first)
- sleeps most of the day
- turns his head from side to side during tummy time (and accidentally rolled over the other day)!
- likes his vibrating chair & the swing
- sleeps in the bassinet at night
- eats about every 3-4 hours
- weighs about 7.5 lbs (just an estimate)
- likes to be swaddled at night
- most newborn clothes are still too big
- smiles in his sleep when he is milk drunk
- likes the car and the stroller
- doesn't like his diaper change
- grunts a lot!

Of course here are a few pics from the past week







7 comments:

MJ said...

I'm so glad you're loving every minute of being a mommy!

He's adorable and loved more than he knows!

Amber said...

It is such a Blessing being a Mommy I am SO glad you are getting to experience it!! Remember these times cause you will have some days when they are 2 and Teenagers!! That you are going to get Frustrated but just remember how you feel now!! :) He's adorable and changing so much already!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the clothes we got you fit him (I noticed the stripey summer jumper :) I was worried he'd be too big when you were talking about your 10lb baby (pre-Jack that is). Ha! love the pics and updates- keep them coming.

Sandi and B

L.A. Mommy said...

I'm so happy for you! He looks scrumptious!!

L.A. Mommy said...

Just wanted top pop in & let you know you've been awarded the Honest Scrap Award. Your blog rocks!

Congrats!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going great! I've been thinking about life after pregnancy...anxious, excited, yet nervouse. Jackson is such cutie! I'm very happy for you and Jimmy! Can't wait to meet him and have "family playdates"! I got the adorable gifts from you! Thank you!!!

See you soon.

my hope my faith my love said...

So glad everything is going well!