Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movie Making

Okay so here is a video we took the other night of us doing our evening injections. My best friend Mary was kind enough to come over and film for us with her precious little girl. If there is a baby in the room you can bet that I am holding it, therefore ironically there is a baby in our IVF video...albeit it a very sweet one! The video is kind of lengthy, the commentary is awful and the bleeding in the end is really gross so sorry if it is offensive to anyone. Just the life of an IVFer!



On another note, our appt. yesterday went well and everything is moving along nicely. J went with me and while I am laying on the table, feet in stirrups, with the RE doing the ultrasound, looking at my ovaries this is how the conversation goes...

J-"so do the eggs look athletic?"
RE- "Oh yes, some look athletic, but others look like couch potatoes."
J- "You can just leave the couch potatoes in there when you retrieve them and only take out the athletic looking ones."

Already choosing favorites and they aren't even embryos yet. I think he has forgotten that his spermies are going to contribute to our children's' athleticism just as much as my eggs!

Anyway, my follicles are now about 8mm and my estrogen went up to 350 (from 90 at the last appt). Our next stim check is tomorrow morning. Looks like we are still on track for a Thurs or Fri retrieval.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Hi, found your blog on TTTC and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being so open about what you're going through and filming the injections. It's really helpful for someone like me, who's just about to start this, too, to see someone else handle it so beautifully.
GL this week! I hope your ER goes GREAT! (vilicious from tttc)

Hannah said...

I love that you posted a video... I so want to do it again... I know I'm crazy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! Such a funny thing, but I'm sure that many many people will really appreciate seeing the real thing. The only experience that I have so far is my trigger shot and we're moving toward injectables, so the video was really helpful.

Oh, and, most importantly, CUTE jacket!

Disneylover1971 said...

After seeing your video, and reading your blog I just thought I would pass along a tip my mom (a nurse) gave me that has helped a ton!
I was bruising all the time too after about 5 days of stims. My mom told me to take the gauze and place it right on the spot after removing the needle and apply preasure for about 2 minutes. That will prevent bruising. So far for me it has worked and no more bruises!
Good luck with the rest of your stims and your ER!

Anonymous said...

I love the video! And I am sure so will my grandchilden. It is so great that we have this opportunity we are all truely blessed. Love You Both Mom

Anonymous said...

I also found your blog through the TTTTC board - your videos are great!!! thank you so much!! this was the biggest "unknown" about IVF since you can read about each lil step but you don't really see someone doing the injections before....great video!! GOOD LUCK!!!