Tuesday, August 26, 2008

3 A Days

Today is our 3rd day of our 3 injections a day. We are still doing the Lupron in the am and we have now added 2 stimulating injections in the evening. The Stims make my ovaries produce copius amounts of eggs. As long as I am on the Stims the eggs will grow bigger and bigger until it is time to remove them. Starting tomorrow I go to the RE for daily blood draws and ultrasounds. They will be checking my Estrogen level daily to make sure it is increasing with my egg production and they will be measuring each egg via ultrasound to make sure they are growing. Once they are all between 15-18mm we will remove them.

The shots are tough. They hurt and the medicine burns when being injected. Since they are all going into my stomach it's starting to be hard to find new places to poke that aren't already bruised and sore. We have about 8 more days of these which is 24 more shots. Where are they going to go? I think it's going to get tougher as we go due to the soreness of my tummy.

I've still been feeling pretty good physically but today I'm feeling very emotional. Until this point I haven't let myself get too emotional during the process but I'm beginning to feel terrified that this isn't going to work. I don't know if I can handle doing it again. I want this so bad, the disappointment of a negative result could be completely devastating to both J & me. We both just want me to be pregnant so bad and if we have to do it again, just the waiting alone would be excruciating. I really am trying hard to be uber positive about it all but I have moments when I can't help but wonder and I know the mass amount of hormones I'm pumping into my body aren't helping with my emotions.

We did film our 1st shots on Sunday evening so I'll post that video soon. I'm really looking forward to my appt tomorrow so I can get an idea of what's going on with my ovaries. I'll post an update tomorrow with my exciting ovary news...lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sister, you are almost there. We love you both so much!! Janna & Mark

Hannah said...

I remember those emotions. Everything is gonna be great I just have a feeling... plus I'm praying for you all the time! As for the shots, I remember my belly looking like a drug addicts and just wait until the shots in the butty after the transfer!!!! OH man...but to tell you the truth I'd do it all again in a heart beat. Enjoy this time with your husband, I think during the process of the injections and transfer and then waiting was some of the best memories that I have of just the two of us.