Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Training Camp

The Seahawks started training camp for the season this week while J & I got a little training of our own. While the Hawks were practicing passing, tackling & running, we were pinching, mixing and poking. We had our injection training on Monday and J did a great job learning how to poke me. 5 of our medications are injectables. 4 of them will be going into my stomach (sometimes up to 3 a day) and 1 will go into my bum. Some of them are a little confusing because there is mixing and changing needles involved but I think we have the hang of it and J is VERY excited to start using his new found skills, me...not so much! I'm trying to keep track of all of the things I'm supposed to eat and not eat. I'm supposed to add baby aspirin, wheatgrass, pomegranate juice, the prenatal and of course the BCP to my diet as well as the shots. But, I'm supposed to cut out caffeine, sugar, some wheat, alcohol, artificial sweeteners, etc. It all gets very confusing. I've already taken myself down to 1 coffee drink a week so I'm making progress with that!

2 more weeks until our 1st injection. I have to go to Chicago all week next week for work and then I'm home and we get started. I'll update next week from the windy city!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

late reply: hey- i had an HSG and we fgured out that i have blockage at both ends of my tubes- my RE said that if my tube were filled with fluid then they would have been swollen and we would have seen that with all the ultrasounds that i had during my first IVF cycle- he said that he doesn't think i have any fluid in there- i'm not sure. i think that if my upcoming FET doesn't work then i'm going to insist on a lap! hopefully i won't need one!!

good luck with your injections coming up- they'll be a breeeeze! fingers crossed for both of us!

The Brown Family said...

You have to take BCP? Wow...I didn't realize how little I knew about this! I can't believe you have to go through so much and take so many medications. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! I hope it goes well!