Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Post Lap #2

The 2nd lap is over and it was a success. I am home and recovering. I am in quite a bit more pain then the last surgery but Advil is enough to curb it. I'm having pain in my shoulders from the gas they used to blow up my abdomen and my stomach is a lot more sore then last time but I'm glad it's over and ready to move on.

The Dr. did not remove my tubes but instead ligated (tied) the ends of them where they attach to my uterus and cut slits in both of them to let the fluid out. Now that the ends are ligated we won't have to deal with them again. They will stay that way forever and will never be able to leak fluid into my uterus.

Again, I'm so glad this is over and we are ready to move forward. I should be feeling better by the weekend and all of our IVF meds are arriving tomorrow! I can't wait to go through them all and see what were up against!

3 comments:

my hope my faith my love said...

Can't wait to read about your IVF journey.

Hannah said...

I'm glad everything went good... so when do you start the drugs?

M W J S said...

So, the laprascopic tubal ligation is what I had done after having my strokes. (Mine were burned then clamped) We ended up scheduling it on Joels birthday knowing that he would be home and totally available to take good care of me. I know all about that horrible neck and sholder pain. It plagued me for over a week. I didnt feel like I could stand up straight with out that ultra tense cramping shooting up my spine. To be honest I still have a really sensitvive stomach. The girls are always kicking and crawling all over me and its uncomfortably tender.
can't wait to read more. This is all very good book material :)
Love you
Amy