Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm going crazy

I'm going a little stir crazy or maybe wait crazy. I'm so tired of waiting it's driving me nuts and it's starting to go to my head. Maybe this is why I am so obsessed with the new story out that rumors Angelina did IVF to conceive her new little twinsies. I have an issue with grasping onto any story of anyone famous doing IVF. It makes me feel better about our situation and feel less like an outcast. Although I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone in any situation due to the utter emotional havoc it can cause in one's life, I secretly (or not so secretly now) am thrilled to hear when a celebrity has gone through this. Although $15,000 to throw out to a clinic for fertility treatments is nothing to them! Other celebs who have gone through IVF...Courtney Cox, Marcia Cross, Christie Brinkly, J-LO (not confirmed, but twins after 3 years of trying???). I'm sure most of you could care less but this gives me something to grab onto.

On another note, I found this article in another blog and it infuriated me. http://pediatricsnow.blogspot.com/2008/07/basic-reproductive-facts-cant-be.html
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Basically the Bush administration wants to make it more difficult for women to get birth control because they are stating that birth control is a form of abortion. Hello!!! Check your facts. In the long run this will contribute to higher abortion rates because women will begin to use abortion as a form of birth control. I can't imagine this will ever actually come to fruition but the fact that time is even being spent on it with all of the other extremely important and devastating events happening in the world is sad and appalling.

Nothing else new to report on the baby front. J & I are attending an injection training class on Monday so J can learn how to torture me :-). Only 3 weeks until we start! Getting so close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea! I just read your whole blog for the first time. My prayers go out to you two. You are such a strong woman and it is so impressive how you have dealt with this journey. Woman! You are amazing!