Friday, July 18, 2008

Pins & Needles

I'm already a pin cushion and we haven't even started the injections yet. I did acupuncture for the 1st time yesterday. There are many studies out that show acupuncture can increase the success rates for IVF. Honestly I can't say that it didn't hurt at all. She put about 30 needles in me, all over my body, head, ears, feet, hands & stomach. A few hurt a bit going in but then you can't really feel them. After they are all in you are supposed to lay there and relax for 20-30 minutes. This is what my relaxation sounded like..."Gosh I'm really hungry. I wonder if I'll have time to eat before my next meeting. I'm going to starve if I don't. I know I'm going to hit traffic getting there. I hate traffic. At least it isn't raining outside. I wonder if it's going to be nice for our bar-b-que tomorrow. I haven't made any food for the bar-b-que yet. What should I make. Gosh I'm really hungry. This needle in my forehead hurts"...and on and on. But, eventually I was able to relax and even fell asleep. We also talked about diet and what I should be cutting out (caffeine, alcohol, wheat, sugar...basically all of the 5 food groups) and went over other lifestyle related changes. All in all I feel good about it. I'll go once a week until we are finished with the process. I'll do anything to increase our odds and this is just prepping me for all the needles to come.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad your doing it... and just so you know everyone I know that does IVF ends up with triplets :)

my hope my faith my love said...

I love acupuncture... I was ust like you the frist couple of times, I thought too much, I finally can calm my mind and dose off a bit, it will get better. GL

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I love that you maintain a great sense of humor throughout the frustrations! That TOTALLY would have been me on the table