Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A few random thoughts...

It's pouring down rain here right now after an 80 degree, muggy evening. We had a great 2 hour thunder storm and now rain. I have to admit, I'm loving it. This weather reminds me of my childhood on the east coast and brings back great memories of sitting on our front porch in NC and watching the storms. It's not quite the same as those house shaking bursts of thunder that are experienced in the south but it's still kind of fun to have it happen at a lower scale in Seattle.

I read about this amazing story today on a baby board. http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2007/02/worlds_youngest.html
I can't imagine seeing a baby this small that is actually living and breathing. It's little organs actually working. What a sight! This baby is still behind in size but is healthy and just turned 1.

On another note...I hate BCP! I'm so glad that after this is all over I never have to worry about taking it again (the one positive thing about infertility). I'm constantly starving and I'm convinced it's because of the pill. I seriously need to eat about every 3 hours or I'm ravenous. Don't get me wrong, I am an eater and really like food but this is getting a little ridiculous. I'm going to gain 20 lbs before I'm even pregnant. Along with my new found love of anything edible I've been working out like crazy everyday to counteract my feasting. I hope it's working!

We have a pretty mellow weekend planned. A bar-b-que or two with some fireworks and some hanging out before the surgery day on Tuesday. We are excited to have 3 days and I'm looking forward to getting some housework & cooking done before I'm out for a few days. My mom is coming up on Monday and spending the week with us. It will be nice to have her here to take care of everything.

That's probably enough rambling for now. I'll post after surgery next week with an update.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Eat lots of food high in protein and avoid pineapple. But on the day of your transfer start the pineapple!!!