Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Month Old!

Wow, Jackson is already one month old...time is flying. I have a feeling that before I know it I'm going to be writing that he is one year! Everything is going great on the home front. Jackson is getting bigger and starting to interact a little. I'm waiting for that first deliberate smile but I haven't quite gotten one yet. I think it will be soon though!


The nightly all you can eat buffet that Jackson has been attending lately has decided to close it's doors early for the past couple of nights and it is going well. We are getting a little routine in place for bedtime and I'm getting quite a bit more sleep. He is going down at about 9pm after a bath and waking at 1:30 and 4:30 and getting up for the day about 7:30. He is sleeping in his crib for the first 2 chunks of sleep and then comes in our room for the last few hours. For some reason by 4:30 he has had it in his crib and refuses to go back to sleep in it. He sleeps great in our room though. This is fine with me because I get some good snuggle time those last few hours and we both get to sleep longer rather than get up at 5 or 5:30.

Our days are just flying by. I feel like we are so busy but I'm not sure what we are doing all the time. I try to go on a long walk every day and I feel like we have constant errands to run. Since he eats every 2-3 hours during the day, everything just takes a bit longer and all of our activities are planned around Jack's meals. While we were out yesterday I nursed in public for the first time. I was proud of myself and it was really easy. I picked a quite bench at the mall and used a big blanket to cover up with and it went great. It added about thirty minutes onto our mall trip but it was a success!

We are headed to Portland this weekend for our first road trip. Due to my bedrest situation I never had my shower in Portland with friends and family so my Mom is doing it this weekend. Such a fun treat! We are super excited to take Jackson to Grandma and Grandpa's for the first time and I'm excited to introduce him to all of my family. Hopefully the four hour drive isn't too bad!

And of course...some pictures...


4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my girls use to only want to sleep on mine or Tyler's chest in the morning... I miss that! Way to go girl your doing an amazing job, cant wait to hear about the shower, I'm sure everything will look perfect including you and you'll get tons of great goodies... I'm gonna want lots of pictures.

my hope my faith my love said...

have fun!

Anonymous said...

he's getting so big :) Love the announcement you sent. what a doll! - Sandi and B

The Merry Death said...

I hope you have a good time visiting your friends & family up here. Glad you and Jackson are doing well. :)