Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Little Leprechaun

The little leprechaun in utero is doing great. We had yet another appt today. The fluid is up to 24 so it's still gradually making a comeback but it's happening slowly and my cervix is still holding strong. Looks like we will have a few more weeks before reducing the fluid again. The Advil I've been taking around the clock for the constant contractions is beginning to affect Jackson a bit so I've been taken off of it and given a prescription for Terbutaline. This is the same drug I was given in injectable form at the hospital when I went in for contractions last month. The injection made me super shaky and made my heart race but the oral form is supposed to have less side effects. I'm hoping it helps. The contractions seem to be getting stronger and although they still don't hurt they really take my breath away sometimes.

This month the little guy is supposed to be the size of a squash and weigh between 2.5-3.8 pounds. Last week Jackson was already weighing about 3.1 pounds so he is obviously about 3 weeks ahead but we'll pretend he is about this size...Today was Jimmy's real birthday. His grandparents came over and brought corned beef and cabbage with them. It was really nice of them to bring us dinner and it was fun to have a good chat with them. Now we are going to watch AI...lol, no green beer or pub crawls for us. Happy 30th honey!

No comments: