Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm a drug addict!

This new medication I'm on seriously makes me feel like I'm shooting heroin (don't worry Mom, I don't know what that actually feels like). But, I can imagine this is what it must feel like to be on drugs. After taking it I get really shaky, my voice quivers, my mouth gets dry and I just plain feel weird. Needless to say, I don't love taking it! On a positive note it does really help to take the contractions away. 15 minutes after I take it, the contractions are gone and don't return for about 6-7 hours. I've read that after a couple of weeks your body starts to adjust to it and the side effects lessen so I'm waiting for that day!

I hit the 31 week mark yesterday...woohoo. I feel like time has been flying by but I think the next 6 weeks are really going to drag. We are almost done with the nursery (I promise I'll post pics of soon but I want to post the finished product) and it is so darling. I'm thrilled with it and I can't wait to put baby J in his gorgeous crib. I have 2 showers coming up on the 4th and the 11th which are going to be a blast and then it is just waiting time until he arrives.

The Dr. appt went well this week again. Fluid is at a 26 and baby looks great. I am getting more and more uncomfortable as the fluid gets higher and Jackson gets bigger but the aches and pains are worth it. If I could only sleep for more than 2 hours before getting up to go to the bathroom that would be great (I know, I know, it's preparing me for life with an infant).

We had a fun filled weekend last weekend of replacing our hot water heater that was old and leaking. I made 4 batches of cookies to freeze for no reason and did some cleaning...nesting a little? This weekend is more of the same but I do hope to get all the finishing touches done in the nursery so I can post the big unveiling!!!

Here are some belly pics from yesterday at 31 weeks. I'm not sure where 6 more weeks of growth is going to go.

No comments: