Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthdays!!!

Wow, we are getting old!! I celebrated my 27th B-day yesterday and it was a great day! My amazing mother surprised me driving up from Portland in the snowstorm. When I got home from work she had a sign on the door that said "do not enter...merry maid at work!" She had gotten up early, driven in the snow and been at our house cleaning it for hours!! It was really in need of a deep clean. She also brought dinner up with her and if that wasn't enough she brought me a new fantastic black Coach purse. I'm such a lucky girl. It was such a great surprise and it was so fun to have her here. What a treat! My brother and his fiance came over for dinner and we had a nice evening. Thanks Mom, you're the best!!!! J & I both so appreciate all that you and Dad do for us.

Jimmy's big 3-0 is next Tuesday and his party is this Sat. I'll update with pics after the weekend, it should be a great time with all of his friends and family.
We had another big u/s this am that went really well. My mom got to go with us and see little Jackson. He was moving around like crazy and he is such a big boy. He is now measuring in the 70th percentile (down from 90th) and he is weighing about 3lbs1oz. He has fattened up since last time and he already has fat rolls! He has huge cheeks and he is a splitting image of his Dad. Check out this pic I found of J compared to Jackson, honestly I think he is going to look exactly like his father. He is so stinkin cute already!
I had to share these cute pics of Jimmy too...I hope Jackson is as cute as he was!
So far Jack is still looking great, still nothing popping out on the u/s. My fluid is up to 22cm (19cm last week). It's still gaining about 3cm/week. Looks like we will be reducing again in a few weeks. My cervix is still holding strong and the contractions are still constant but not doing anything to change the situation. We are feeling pretty good about things right now. With another reduction the Dr. thinks I can make it to full term or close to it. Jackson looks perfect and if there is some kind of an issue we are feeling like it will be somewhat minor. Also now that I am about 29 weeks and he is so much bigger we are out of the danger zone. If something were to happen and I was to go into labor early we could all cope a lot better now.

Here are a few belly pics from today at 28 weeks 6 days. We are getting closer and more anxious to meet this little guy every day!!





3 comments:

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking good for you and Jackson. You are so tiny! I feel like a beached whale...:( Can't wait to FINALLY see you and Jimmy at his 30th bash!

my hope my faith my love said...

Happy birthday, i turned the BIG 3-0 on Saturday, it was not that bad.

We also have our 3D on Friday you pic made me even more excited for it!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

Jackson is absolutely precious and yes, he does look like his handsome daddy. What fun pics of Jimmy! I get to work on your crib bedding tomorrow and can hardly wait!!

Love you,

Aunt Angie