Friday, February 6, 2009

An exciting week!!!

Not an exciting week in the way most people think of exciting...like a birthday, wedding, anniversary, vacation. Nope, none of that going on around here. We are actually quite boring. We have been getting rooms cleared out so we can paint this weekend and just hanging out while trying not to stress over the news every night. But...it is an exciting week for us because this is the week of viability!!! After going through infertility I think most women take on a slightly more paranoid approach to their pregnancy than someone who did it the old fashioned way. At 24 weeks babies can survive in the outside world. Obviously this isn't ideal and this little guy has a lot more cooking to do but it's nice to know that if something were to happen that he may be okay.


Other than that, the only other exciting news to report is that my brother is now engaged! He and his new fiance are expecting a baby at the beginning of Aug. which is very exciting. Our babes are going to me only about 2 months apart. I'm looking forward to many fun cousin play dates this summer. Congrats Joe and Val!


Here I am again in all of my big bellied glory. Sorry if you are getting tired of seeing it but it's fun for me to go back and see how big I am getting. Only about 16 more :-).
Other than feeling like I have swallowed rocks every evening due to indigestion I'm feeling pretty good. Little things like putting on my socks, shaving my legs and working out are becoming a little more arduous and I feel like I am huffing and puffing all the time but so far nothing major to complain about.


We have yet another u/s next week to check on my excess fluid and the growth of the babe. Although it is fun seeing him I don't think my insurance company thinks it is very fun getting all of the huge u/s bills. According to the Dr. we will continue to have these every month to make sure everything is okay so I hope they get used to it. I'll post next week with more info on our linebacker.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Awww I just want to rub it!! It's so Beautiful!! That's exciting about Joe too, it will be fun having cousin's so close!! Have fun getting the room ready!!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful. They call that the "pregnancy glow", right? Well, you are a perfect example! Wishing you guys a relaxing and productive weekend getting ready for Jackson! I love to paint.

Anonymous said...

WOW, I didn't realize the good news of viability! I would have thought he could survive sooner, but that goes to show how uneducated I am in this realm. I love your use of big words "arduous". You look amazing sweet girl, always a treat reading the updates!
xoxo - J & M

Rachel said...

you look beautiful!! seriously I am jealous (why? I don't know I just got rid of mine! lol)