Saturday, February 14, 2009

6 month update- Happy Valentines Day

With all of the drama I forgot to put our month 6 fruit and a 25 week belly pic on the blog. I know you have all been anxiously awaiting these exciting events!

1st a quick update on our situation...we got great news yesterday that our tests for chromosomal abnormalities all came back clear. Babies with Downs Syndrome have an increased incidence of excess fluid so we were relieved to find out that this is not the cause. Babies who have a birth defect in their GI Tract also have a very high incidence of excess fluid and after doing a lot of reading on line I am thinking that if there is a cause in our case, this is a likely one. Our Dr. talked to us about this in length as well. Basically there could be an obstruction or a disconnect in the babie's bowel which would inhibit him from properly processing the amniotic fluid and would in turn lead to an excess amount. If this is the case we may not be able to diagnose it until after he is born. It is sometimes impossible to see in an u/s. Luckily the prognosis is very good with a GI tract problem. It would require surgery right after he is born but after repaired should pose no problem. Of course this is all a guessing game right now.

I have been having a few contractions in the evenings but nothing too consistent. I'm trying to drink a ton of water and I'm taking Advil round the clock which is supposed to help with the contractions and help reduce fluid. I'm very anxious to get into the Dr on Tuesday to see if any fluid has returned as well as make sure my cervix hasn't changed.

I've had a few people ask me what this little guy's name is. It isn't a secret by any means but for some reason I have yet to announce it here. If you know me in real like than you most likely already know but for those of you who are wondering his name is...Jackson Ray Vann. Ray is my Dad's middle name and Jackson has no real meaning but we like it.

This month little Jack is supposedly the size of an eggplant and weighs between 1.5 and 2.2 pounds but on our last u/s he was already weighing 2.2 pounds so he's definitely ahead of the curve! You can also now hear is heartbeat just by putting your ear to my belly. J heard it the other night, it was pretty cool.

Of course here's the belly pic today at 25 weeks 3 days.



We are having a great Valentine's Day so far, or I guess I should say I am. There are a lot of other things J would probably rather be doing! I woke up to him making me a fantastic breakfast of homemade pancakes which were soooo good (luckily I happened to be watching when he tried to put 2 Tablespoons of baking powder in the batter instead of 2 teaspoons)! Then I drug him to Babies R Us with me so we could register. It took longer than I expected but we got it done. We then stopped at Home Depot (the highlight of his day) and got all the paint for the nursery and now J is making me dinner while I sit here hoping these few contractions I'm feeling are going to go away. I also have a special dessert I picked up the other day that I can hardly wait for. It's the small things that get me excited these days! That's it for now...I'll leave you with a few pics of J making me a very tasty breakfast. He's so cute in the kitchen, notice the heart pancake :-)



2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear things are going good this week. We are thinking about you wondering how things are going each day!!

Ginny Crandall said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while searching for vannray.net, and can I just tell you congratulations?! Having a baby is so exciting. My husband and I are preparing for our first and are very excited about it. I hope all is going well with your little ones!