Thursday, February 26, 2009

27 weeks & sick!

What's worse than being pregnant with a fever, chills, body aches, runny nose and a cough? Having all of the before mentioned and a pinched nerve in your lower back. I'm a hot mess over here! I've read that pregnant women are more susceptible to colds and I guess it's true. I'm sure it's only temporary though so I'm trying to rest up and drink lots of fluids to flush this thing out!

My appt on Tuesday went well. The fluid has returned a little but still not too much and my cervix is still holding strong. The Dr. is still convinced the fluid will return and I will need another amnio but I'm holding out hope. They still haven't found any abnormalities with Jack but in the 3rd tri (which I am now it...woohoo) is when a GI tract obstruction would be visible via u/s. I may also get an MRI so they can better see his GI tract and bowels, therefore if there is a problem we will be better equipped to deal with it at birth. For now, so far so good and I am able to do pretty normal activity. I am still having quite a few contractions so I am being careful when it comes to physical things but I'm not constantly worried that the contractions are changing my cervix since it seems to be doing well.

Last night we picked up our crib and changing table!! I am heading to Portland for he weekend for my Grandma's 75th B day party so J is going to put it all together while I'm gone. I'll post pics when I get home. I can't wait to see it all put together!

Here is the big ol' belly at 27 weeks.

3 comments:

Amber said...

No fun being sick while your pregnant, I had the puking flu when I was pregnant with Meera!! That wasn't fun at ALL!! Have you went to the Chiropractor?? Really helps with the back problems and also getting you inline for the delivery!!

MJ said...

Your belly is so cute. Sorry you're feeling sick.

Praying you won't need another amnio.

Anonymous said...

Andrea Jeanie, your tummy is the cutest thing ever!!! Love it=) Can't wait to see you Sunday, praying for health and more "baking" in the oven. Auntie Angie