Monday, November 10, 2008

Lots of leaves and no more shots!

On Friday J gave me my last shot! I can't believe it's over. It feels weird to not have to do anymore but of course I am thrilled. Below is a pic of the needle J has been jabbing into the muscle of my bum, full of thick oil...gross! We'll have to do these again someday for baby #2 but for now we can put them behind us.


On another note, our backyard is so full of leaves it is ridiculous. I think about 75% of them have fallen now. We are going to my parents house for the weekend so they will have to wait until next weekend to be raked and bagged. Hopefully by then they will all be down and we'll only have to do it once. Just in case you don't believe me...


We went to the cabin last weekend and it was a nice relaxing get away. It's actually nice to get away from the cell and computer for a few days and just watch movies and play games. We are so lucky to have the cabin and I can't wait for our kids to enjoy it!


I had my monthly appt with the ob this morning and she did a quick u/s. It was so amazing. The little one was moving all around, it's arms were moving up and down and it's little body was squirming around. It looked like a real baby with limbs and big belly. Next week we have a big u/s where they will look at the baby for quite a while and take all of it's measurements. I can't wait to be able to watch it for a while. I'm starting to feel a lot better. Last week was tough with nausea and headaches but I've been feeling good the past couple of days and I feel like my energy is coming back a little as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a great ultrasound! I cannot wait to leave the big, oily needle behind, too. But I'm only 6 weeks, so I've got a ways to go, I'm afraid.

Also? Our yards are twins when it comes to leaves and I'm on the East Coast. There are TONS and we still have about 25% left to drop. SIGH!