Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Teeting Bites!

Seriously, teething is tough. Jack has his first tooth popping up on the bottom and it has been an exhausting process. It is still just a hard, white lump but it is really bothering him. He is constantly gnawing on his hands, drooling all over, pulling on his cheeks and ears and very fussy. Sleep has been tough but I've been resorting to Tylenol at night and it really helps. I've also tried teething tabs, orajel, and teething rings but none of it seems to work well. I'm hoping the tooth breaks through soon so he can get out of his misery and I can get some sleep!! Any suggestions on other ways to ease the pain?

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Have you tried the teether that vibrates? My girls love it...even when they're not teething.

Anonymous said...

A wet washcloth put into the freezer, and then let them chew on it. Obviously cold, but it numbs that area up for a bit :)

my hope my faith my love said...

frozen waffles or frozen bagels (mini) , but he needs to be able to sit on his own & be watched closely he does not get chunks off

M W J S said...

My girls were gaga over ice cubes in a mesh fruit bag. (Target, One Step Ahead, Wal-Mart). Actually the mesh bag came late in the game. With Mace I'd chew it(small enough so that there was no choking hazard) and spit in her mouth. It melted so fast and she would sign more more. The mesh bag was discovered round Markee's teeth popping out and that saved my own chompers!

Amber said...

Hyland's Teething Tablets are a LIFE SAVER!! You can find them at pretty much any store now (Fred Meyers have them for sure in the Natural food area), they are Homeopathic so no side effects to them and they WORK I never had to give my kids Tylenol for teething because these worked so well!! We also used the the mesh bags with ice in them. Most of all just be patient these days will pass by the time they are 2!! Which goes fast!! :)