Monday, July 20, 2009

So behind...

I'm so behind on blogging I don't even know where to start so lets see...

Jackson is now two months old and he is doing new, fun things everyday. He is so full of smiles and he is really working on a schedule. We had his 2 month appt today (he's now 2 mo. 6 days) and he weighs 12 pounds!! Wow, the Dr. said no wonder he is still usually eating almost every 2 hours. He's gained almost 3 pounds in a month. He's getting super chunky and looks so much like his daddy! He also had to get his first shots today which I thought was traumatic! He did well but it was pretty sad and he's fussy tonight so I think he isn't feeling great. Poor little guy, I know how shots feel! Not fun, especially for such a little one. Here is Jackson on his 2 month B day.

In the last two weeks Jackson has been busy. We had a wedding and bar-b-que two weekends ago. My parents were also here for the wedding so we had a great time and we hung out with Tristan for a few hours as well. My parents were in heaven with their two little grandsons!
Last weekend we went on a little mini vacation east of the mountains to Crescent Bar. We took off on Thurs and just got home today. It was SO hot...over 100 everyday but we had a fabulous time. We made great meals, played games, drank wine and just relaxed. It was a much needed little trip and Jack did great. He loved the sun and the heat and did great in the car too.



We are now back to reality and I'm trying to get everything back in order. I have only two more weeks before returning to work so we are going to spend the time working on sleep. Jack has basically put himself on a 3 nap/day schedule but often times those naps are in his swing and I'd like to get them in the crib. He also sleeps in the crib for his first stretch of sleep but I've been bringing him in bed with me after he wakes and I'm going to work on getting at least the 2nd stretch in the crib as well. Any tips??

7 comments:

Amber said...

So CUTE!! Thanks for keeping us updated on his GROWING!! :) Keep the pictures coming

Rebecca said...

He is just the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

love the update honey- he looks so much like your hubby. It just makes me laugh :) I love it. Glad you guys had such a fabulous time in CB. Let's catch up soon?? :)

Anonymous said...

sorry that was from me- forgot to sign! :) Sandi

The Brown Family said...

hmmmm...tips...I've been a nanny for six years and I'm a mother of a well trained sleeper...so...I got nothin' Ha ha! I have no idea....no, there are plenty of theories and stories, I'm sure you've heard them all, it is challenging and every baby is different but you are like a super mom, so I'm sure you're doing everything just perfcet! You guys are doing such a great job, Jackson is one lucky baby! The only thing i would say is that I've seen three year olds who have never been taught to comfort themselves and sleep on their own, and those parents didn't conceive a second child...if you know what I mean! They had him in their bed every night and it was painful for them and their son! I loved it when I breast fed and Naomi would sleep in our bed with us, it is a wonderful time, but it is also such a gift to give your child and yourself, when you train them to soothe themselves and fall asleep on their own. It's like one of their first little lessons in life :) ....and sometimes with a baby, it feels like they're the ones teaching us and scheduling us! But it's nice to think we're in control ;P Okay that's my rambling for the day, back to laundry, good luck, love the blog, keep it up!

Annie

Anonymous said...

Oh Momma, you are doing a great job! I can't believe work is so close!! We gotta get together for some excercising with the boys - it will be a nice break away from work. Hoping to see you this weekend!! xoxo - J, M, C

my hope my faith my love said...

YOU look so good for having atwo month old.