Friday, July 10, 2009

Dear Jackson

Dear Jackson,

Yesterday marked your 8 week birthday. I can't believe you have already been here for 8 weeks but then again I can't believe you have ONLY been here for 8 weeks. I can't even imagine not having you here with us and it's almost already hard to remember our life without you. You are the most special little boy!! It's amazing you can love someone so much that you have only known for 8 weeks!

You are getting so big!! I think you weigh about 11 pounds and you have started to out grow some of your newborn outfits. You are starting to get chunky with rolls on your arms and legs and your cheeks are getting huge...I could kiss them all day long! I have a feeling you are going to get a lot chunkier because boy do you love to eat. I think you would eat all day long if I would let you!

You are really a Mama's boy and love to be held by me all day. I have to admit, I don't really mind. I know that soon enough I will be fighting for you to sit on my lap so I'll take all I can get right now. You love your Daddy!!! When you hear his voice you turn your head and look for for him and he is the only one that you share your smiles with. He can really get those smiles going, you think he is really funny!

You have had a really great month, you went on your first road trip to Grandma and Grandpa's and you did great. You met all of my side of the family and most of our friends at our shower and of course everyone loved you. You started to smile and you started wearing cloth diapers. You also celebrated your first holiday, 4th of July. You are sleeping in your crib at night now and we are working on the longer stretches of sleep (still have a ways to go)! You like to nap in your swing and you love to go on walks both in the stroller and in the Ergo. You love your bath time and you also love bedtime! You are constantly messy...if you aren't spitting up the milk you just drank you are blowing out your diaper and I am constantly cleaning you up.

Jackson, we are so in love with you. You are the most amazing thing that has happened to your Dad and me. We are in awe of you and so proud that you are our Son. I love watching you do new things and couldn't be happier spending everyday with you. We have so many hopes and dreams for you Jackson, and we will do everything in our power to make sure you have the best life we can provide. You will never be lacking in love.
Your Dad and I will always be your biggest fans Jack.
Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Leisha B said...

Watching you last night.... You guys are naturals. He is so in love with that boob! =)

MJ said...

He's getting so big...adorable.