Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fluffy Butt

Sorry these pics are all in weird order but for some reason I can't fix them.

Jack's 1st time in his new diapers.
Grandparents again!

The cousins


Happy Family on the 4th

Moo!!!!


I'm really not an environmentalist...I recycle and all that jazz but I wouldn't call myself crunchy although I have decided to use cloth diapers. They are WAY better for the environment but I'm mainly doing it for financial reasons. Buying diapers is painful! They are so expensive and babies go though them like McDonald's goes through french fries. They are also sooo cute and it gives me another reason to love dressing Jackson...I get to match his diaper to his outfit! These aren't your mother's cloth diapers. They are so simple to use, really just like disposables but you obviously have to wash them. Right now we have about 17 in rotation but I think I'm going to need about 5 more to keep us going. The initial output is pretty expensive, each diaper is about $18.00 but in the long run it is way cheaper. The diapers actually grow with the baby so the ones we have should last Jackson until he is potty trained and then we will hopefully be able to use them on baby #2 (actually scratch that, hopefully baby #2 will be here before Jack is potty trained :-).

We had a nice 4th of July weekend. My parents were here for a night to see their 2nd grandson in 2 months! We went to a friend's for a bar-b-que and had a much needed relaxing day at home on Sunday. Yesterday and today Jack and I have been home working on our nap schedule. He is starting to get the hang of napping in his crib but last night was up every 2 hours all night again. We had a few nights with 5 hour stretches last week but we are regressing. At least it is happening sometimes. I'm assuming the long sleep stretches will start to increase soon!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yay for cloth diapers! Like you, I'm not exactly crunchy, but I love how good they are for your pocket, for the baby's skin, and for the environment. I'm not even pregnant yet, but I already plan on using them! Keep us updated on which ones are your favorites!

Hannah said...

Love it, I wanted to use cloth diapers but Tyler put his foot down on that one. So cute... and you look amazing!

L.A. Mommy said...

Cloth diapers that you can match to the baby's outfit?!? AND they grow with the baby?!? Sign me up! The cousins are adorable!