Thursday, June 5, 2008

Not good news

Well, I went in today for the HSG. They shot dye into my tubes and it hurt. I was taking deep breaths trying to get through it and the nurse was convinced I was going to pass out. Anyway, there was a screen above me so I could actually see the dye going into my tubes and spilling into my uterus. Very cool to see.

So the bad news, I have to go in for another lap surgery to have my tubes removed before doing IVF. Any fluid that is in my tubes, and apparently there is always fluid in your tubes, can not escape out of the end by my ovaries because it they are blocked. Therefore the fluid escapes into my uterus and the fluid is toxic to the embryos and the uterine lining. If we don't remove my tubes before proceeding we decrease our chance of IVF working by 25-30%.

I'm obviously bummed, bummed that I need to have surgery again & bummed that we will most likely have to wait until Aug to do IVF. I know in the grand scheme of things it is only a few months but it is still a blow that I'm having a hard time taking.

We will be meeting with the Dr. next Thursday to schedule the lap and see if there is still any possible way we can continue with IVF this cycle. The nurse told me to stay on BCP until I meet with the Dr. just in case.

So for now...more waiting...

No comments: