Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hot & Bothered

We survived...I wasn't so sure it was going to happen at times but with a little help from my Mom, we did it. The hottest day ever on record (since the 1800's) in Seattle was last week and our city it hit 107. I know this happens in a lot of areas all the time but with no AC and a newborn it is miserable. Our house was 97 degrees for a few days and it was unbearable. All the AC's and fans were sold out and we were a crabby, hot family! My Mom came the rescue when she found out that the hardware store in her town was getting 18 AC units in. She picked one up, got in the car and headed north to meet us and hand it over. It turned out to be a 51/2 hour car ride for us and 4 hour for her but it was soooo worth it. We had a nice cool bedroom and a WAY happier mama and baby! Thanks Mom!!!

Today is the last day of my maternity leave. I feel like it went by so fast. I'm not going to get into how sad I am and whine about my sob story but I will say I'm going to miss Jackson so much! We will survive and it will all be fine but this is going to be a tough week. Please send me positive work vibes!
I finally caught some of Jackson's smiles on camera yesterday. He is such a smiley little guy now and loves to laugh and coo at us. Here are a few pics, actually a lot of pics, because I just can't help myself!





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the smiley shots!!! - Sandi

Amber said...

What a cutie!! His eyes are SO blue!!

Leisha said...

I LOVE his smile!

my hope my faith my love said...

love the smiles, so cute. The first day back to work will be hard but it will get better promise

Rebecca said...

Yay for AC! He is too cute.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is a dream - YAY FOR AC!! I hope your first week back to work goes smoothly. We are thinking of you. xo - J, M, C

The Brown Family said...

He is so adorable, I love that smile! Thank you for coming to Naomi's party, it was good to see you. I wish we could have had more time to hold Jack and catch up. We'll have to get together another time. I hope you enjoy the cool weather now and I will send you lots of work/mommy vibes. I can imagine it's really hard to be a working mom, but you seem to be superwoman so I'm sure you'll do great! Great pictures!

M W J S said...

Holy Moly, he looks like his dad.
How freaking cute are those grins!?!?!?
Drew, I'm missing you something fierce. I feel you and your back to work journey. I too have been full time in recent months and its torture. I spirit fingers voodoo vibes of strength and courage through the lap top screen and hope you feel my love. XOXO to you, the babe and J.