Friday, May 30, 2008

Hurry up & wait...no more!!!

I'm so excited typing this! J & I sat down last night and decided to start IVF in June instead of August!!!! In June...as in 2 days! I can't believe it is actually going to happen. I decided that my job will be fine and waiting until Aug. was going to be torture. All we do is sit around and think about how we wish I was pregnant or we had a child so we decided lets just take the plunge and make it happen. And, God forbid it doesn't work, we can start again before the summer is over. So, I still have to do the HSG I talked about earlier to make sure there is no fluid in my tubes but as long as that is clear we are off and running. Here is a tentative schedule...

June 1- 1st day of cycle and beginning of ART cycle
June 3- Blood draw- begin taking BCP (birth control)
June 6-10th- HSG
June 16- Begin Lupron injections
June 24- stop BCP
June27- Suppression check via ultrasound and blood draw
June 28- Day 1 of ART cycle- stimulation injects begin
July 3- Day 6 of ART cyle- daily ultrasounds and blood work begin
July 7- HCG injection (final maturation of eggs)
July 9- Egg retrieval
July 12 or 15- Embryo transfer- begin progesterone injections
July 24- Beta- Pregnancy blood test!!!

So there you have it. This is our life for the next 2 months and we couldn't be more excited about it. We won't get into all of the good stuff until July and of course I'll keep you posted on any other exciting events.

No comments: