Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy, Happy Mother's Day

Honestly, Mother's Day is a tough day in the world of an infertile. It is a constant reminder of what you aren't, a mother. I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that most likely at this time next year I will be celebrating my first Mother's Day with a gurgling, cooing newborn in my arms but it still takes a toll. J and I went out for breakfast which was nice but of course the restaurant was full of mothers and children. All the Mom's looked tired and stressed and most of the kids were crying, throwing their food and hitting each other with their spoons but what I wouldn't give to be yelling at my child to sit down and eat their omelet! Anyway, I'm sure my time is coming and someday I will look over at the young couple in the corner with no kids and think "wow, must be nice to be stress free and enjoy a quite meal together!"

Now, on to my mother...the support system of our family! She is wonderful and strong and opinionated and nurturing and oh so supportive. I love you Mom! Thanks for everything you have ever done and continue to do for me. I am such a lucky girl to have a mother like you. I count my lucky stars daily that you are who you are. There has never been a day that has gone by when I have questioned your love for me or your intentions. You always want only the best for me and will do anything to make sure that is what I get. THANK YOU!!!

No comments: